SSE exists to help social entrepreneurs to develop sustainable solutions to social problems through an intensive programme support and a network of its mentors, experts and fellows globally. It was started as a single school in UK and is now in Canada, Australia and India. Its ultimate aim is that Fellow will go on to address inequality and social exclusion. Globally, SSE impact is summarized below:
- 98% Of Fellows Who Set Up An Organisation Are Still Involved In It
- 90% Of Fellows Attribute Their Growth Since Graduation To The SSE
- On Average, Each Organisation Set Up By SSE Fellow Recruits’ Full Time And Three Part Time Workers After Graduation.
- Commercial Activity Is The Most Common Source Of Funding, Followed By Grants From Trusts And Foundations.
History: Michael Young in UK founded School for Social Entrepreneurs in 1997. SSE is now being set up in India. SSE in UK has helped over 1,500 social entrepreneurs make the world a better place.
Our Vision: We empower people from all backgrounds to create positive social change. Our courses help individuals start, sustain, and scale social enterprises, charities and community projects.
Our Approach: We’re committed to jargon-free learning delivered by experienced professionals. SSE uses an innovative learning approach, which focuses on real world issues and practices. We also provide courses aimed at established not-for-profits, covering common issues in the non-profit sector.
India Programme: In India, we will launch with our flagship programme ‘Social Start-Up’, by early 2016. It is a 9-month long Fellowship programme with around 30contact days.
- Fellows: There Is No Typical Student At The School For Social Entrepreneurs. Those Attending Come From Diverse Backgrounds And Span A Wide Age Range From 17 To 74. They Come With Just An Idea Or A Pilot Project In The Works. They Work In The Healthcare To Education To Handicrafts And Even Food Services. Such Is The Diversity! However All Are United By A Passion For Creating Social Change And A Shared Vision For A More Equal And Just Society.
- Interactive Sessions: The Programme Will Include Interactive Sessions With Experienced Social Entrepreneurs Or ‘Witness’ Who Will Spend Time With The Students To Share Their Journey. Our, ‘Experts’ From Various Industries Will Help Them Develop And Refine Certain Hard Skills Such As Accounting, Branding & Marketing, Product Development, Staffing, Presentation, Etc.
- Personalized Guidance: Each Student Will Be Assigned To A ‘Mentor’ Or Experts From PwC India To Guide And Ensure The Development Of The Student, During The Course Of The Fellowship And Beyond.
Write to us at – email@example.com or call at 98-107-17900
Apply now at www.the-sseindia.org
TechChange is excited to announce a summer fellowship program for recent graduates and rising college juniors and seniors. The fellowship will provide practical training in web development as well as a unique exposure to a range of applications and organizations using technology to tackle a variety of global challenges — from creating prosthetic limbs with a 3D printer to combating malaria with mobile devices.
As a fellow you will spend three months designing and implementing a web development project related to education, technology, and social good. TechChange staff will provide training, mentorship, and a series of events to support you in this process.
The fellowship also includes:
- One-on-one mentorship with TechChange staff
- Field trips to organizations working in technology and social change
- An event series on a range of topics related to technology and social change
- A $2,000 monthly stipend for 3 months
- A round-trip plane ticket to DC from a location within the US
- Support with job placement at the conclusion of the fellowship
Who we think will be a great fit:
- You’re someone who could spend your summer working at a top tech company, but making a difference in the world is more important to you. You have a solid foundation in web development or object-oriented programming, but you’re looking to expand your skills and understand how they might be applied to projects that address disease, hunger, unemployment, poverty, natural disasters, and other pressing issues. You love to learn new things and challenge yourself. You wake up every day excited to be part of a creative, collaborative community that is building something meaningful. And you want to have a little fun along the way.
Read about the TechChange culture here. Learn about the 2015 fellows’ experiences here andhere.
- Be a current junior, senior, or a recent graduate (seniors and recent graduates looking for full-time positions are encouraged to visit our Careers page, we’re hiring!)
- Have at least one year of experience in computer science or web development
- Possess an interest in international relations, international development, humanitarian work, and social good
- Be self-starting and willing to have a little fun too
- Be a US citizen or have legal working status in the US for the duration of the fellowship
It helps if you also have (but absolutely not required):
- Proficiency in Node.js, Django, or PHP
- Familiarity with Grunt, Gulp, or other build tools
- Teaching or curriculum design experience
Apply below. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as we will be reviewing applications and selecting Fellows on an on-going basis. Applications due February 15, 2016, and fellows will be announced no later than March 11th. The fellowship will run from June 6th – August 26th.
The fellowship is only open to non-US citizens with student visas or other legal working status. Unfortunately, we cannot supply visas or arrange travel for non-US citizens outside of the US.
Have questions? Email us at fellowship [at] techchange.org.
If you want to apply click here: https://www.techchange.org/fellowship/
The Internshala Career Scholarship for Girls is an annual award of INR 25,000/- meant to help advance one girl’s career in her chosen field. Instituted in 2013, the inspiration for this scholarship lies in the sad coincidence that the Delhi rape victim’s struggle for life ended on the same day that Internshala celebrates its anniversary (29th December). The scholarship is meant to recognize a girl who has fought against odds to pursue a career of her dreams in any field (Academics, Sports, Arts etc.) – be it allowance for pursuing an internship or undertaking a project in the chosen field, payment towards a specialized training program, special equipment, etc.
Any girl (an Indian national) between the ages of 17 to 23 years (as of 31st December) with a career objective is eligible to apply.
Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- An element of fighting against odds – these can be financial, societal, physical handicap or anything that might have put obstacles in your path
- An element of achievement – you must have done remarkably well in your chosen field, be it academics, sports, music or arts
- An element of purpose – the purpose for which you will use the scholarship amount
- An element of need – everything else being the same, the scholarship would be awarded to someone who is in greater financial need (family income, absence of any other scholarships etc.)
Application has to be made online through official website. Candidate has to submit the application form first and on this basis he/she will be shortlisted for the interview. You would be asked to furnish all necessary documents and proofs before the interview. Finally selected candidates will be announced on the basis of score secured in interview.
After the interview, your referee (provided in the form) would be contacted for verification, post which the final winner would be selected and announced. Wherever possible, the amount will be paid directly towards the cause at the time of the need through the referee provided in the form.
National Science Centre, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
Email: Contact Us
|Last Date for receipt of completed application forms
||Jan 31, 2016
||In Person / Online
||Jan 31, 2016
|Applications are invited from girls for Internshala Career Scholarship 2016. Any girl (an Indian national) between the ages of 17 to 23 years (as of 31st December 2015), i.e. born between 1st January 1992 and 31st December 1998 with a career objective is eligible to apply.
One has to apply online before 31 January 2016.
The short-list for interviews would be announced on 20th February 2016. After the interview, we hope to announce the final result by 31st March 2016.
Life-changing bus journey
The Yuva Prerna Yatra takes 100 highly motivated Youths to a bus journey in Himalayas with a purpose to awaken an entrepreneurial spirit within them. During the journey, participants get an opportunity to interact and learn from exceptional “Champions of Change”, the unsung heroes, who have not only dared to dream but also realized their dreams into sustainable enterprises by utilizing the local resources and talent, thereby creating local livelihood opportunities and reducing migration in the Himalayan region. This Yatra aims to inspire youth to understand the value of creating sustainable enterprises in localized global context and to spur them to create similar models in their own arenas. The word YUVA signifies a passion to bring out the change, a dream to travel the unbeaten path and energy as fresh as a new-born. We believe anyone and everyone who have the zeal and enthusiasm, and courage to leave their comfort zone and to work towards their dream is YUVA. We at Yuva Prerna look forward for such YUVA to be a part of this inspirational journey and get PRERNA to live their dreams during and after the YATRA.
Who we are looking for
Who we are looking for: The 100 Participants (Champs and Facilitators) on the Yatra are set to represent a unique blend of quality as well as true diversity of India. The participants, selected through rigorous selection process, are passionate to build their careers in different fields though one common medium – Entrepreneurship.
- Passionate individual with burning desire to explore and learn
- Determined to take the Road less travelled
- Abilities to lead and not the educational degree
- Age group: 20-27 years
- Experienced professionals, entrepreneurs, academicians and intellectuals
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and exceptional work
- Age group: 27 years and above
To organize a 1-week bus journey, visiting different role models, with supporting personnel taking care of lodging, boarding, food and other necessities, calls for significant expenditure. The Yatra fee helps us cover these expenses in part and rest are raised though corporate sponsorship. The relevant Registration fees and Yatra fees are applicable only if you’re selected .Submission of application form is free. Actual cost of the Yatra is Rs. 19000/- per person. Candidates with sound financial backgrounds are encouraged to pay the full amount.
We aim to support 50 candidates through either part or full sponsorships .Sponsorship will be provided to Indian nationals only. Foreign nationals and NRIs need to pay the full amount of Yatra. Since sponsorship opportunities are limited, it will be awarded on the basis of the financial need and merit of the applicant. Selected applicants need to fill up the additional sponsorship form, if they have opted for sponsorship. Applicants through paper mode have to submit supporting official income documents with their applications. We also encourage selected candidates to look for alternative sources of sponsorship, approaching funding sources like trusts, colleges and corporate to raise their own fees per person. Candidates with sound financial backgrounds are encouraged to pay the full amount.
இவன் இருக்கப் பெற்றவன்
இவன் இல்லாதவன் என
பேதம் பார்ப்பதில்லை வெற்றி!
அதனுடன் உன் உறவு எப்படி
ஏற்றமும் இறக்கமும் இருக்கும்!
அதை முடிப்பதென்றால் சாதாரணமா?
பணம் படைத்தவர்களால் மட்டுமே சாத்தியம்?
உன்னை நீயே தாழ்த்திக் கொண்டு
உரை நிகழ்த்துவதை முதலில் விடு!
குறிக்கோள் ஒன்றைத் தேர்ந்தெடு
அதை எக்காரணம் கொண்டும்
விழ நேரிடும் ஆனாலும்
எழும் சக்தி கிடைக்கும் உனக்கு!
ஜெயிக்கப் பிறந்தவன் நான்
காந்தி, கலாம் சொல்லை
செல்லும் பாதையாக்கு! நீ
வாழ்ந்து காட்டுவாய், வரலாறாய்!