SSE exists to help social entrepreneurs to develop sustainable solutions to social problems through an intensive programme support and a network of its mentors, experts and fellows globally. It was started as a single school in UK and is now in Canada, Australia and India. Its ultimate aim is that Fellow will go on to address inequality and social exclusion. Globally, SSE impact is summarized below:
- 98% Of Fellows Who Set Up An Organisation Are Still Involved In It
- 90% Of Fellows Attribute Their Growth Since Graduation To The SSE
- On Average, Each Organisation Set Up By SSE Fellow Recruits’ Full Time And Three Part Time Workers After Graduation.
- Commercial Activity Is The Most Common Source Of Funding, Followed By Grants From Trusts And Foundations.
History: Michael Young in UK founded School for Social Entrepreneurs in 1997. SSE is now being set up in India. SSE in UK has helped over 1,500 social entrepreneurs make the world a better place.
Our Vision: We empower people from all backgrounds to create positive social change. Our courses help individuals start, sustain, and scale social enterprises, charities and community projects.
Our Approach: We’re committed to jargon-free learning delivered by experienced professionals. SSE uses an innovative learning approach, which focuses on real world issues and practices. We also provide courses aimed at established not-for-profits, covering common issues in the non-profit sector.
India Programme: In India, we will launch with our flagship programme ‘Social Start-Up’, by early 2016. It is a 9-month long Fellowship programme with around 30contact days.
- Fellows: There Is No Typical Student At The School For Social Entrepreneurs. Those Attending Come From Diverse Backgrounds And Span A Wide Age Range From 17 To 74. They Come With Just An Idea Or A Pilot Project In The Works. They Work In The Healthcare To Education To Handicrafts And Even Food Services. Such Is The Diversity! However All Are United By A Passion For Creating Social Change And A Shared Vision For A More Equal And Just Society.
- Interactive Sessions: The Programme Will Include Interactive Sessions With Experienced Social Entrepreneurs Or ‘Witness’ Who Will Spend Time With The Students To Share Their Journey. Our, ‘Experts’ From Various Industries Will Help Them Develop And Refine Certain Hard Skills Such As Accounting, Branding & Marketing, Product Development, Staffing, Presentation, Etc.
- Personalized Guidance: Each Student Will Be Assigned To A ‘Mentor’ Or Experts From PwC India To Guide And Ensure The Development Of The Student, During The Course Of The Fellowship And Beyond.
Write to us at – email@example.com or call at 98-107-17900
Apply now at www.the-sseindia.org