Compete for the St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award and qualify for participation as a «Leader of Tomorrow» in the world’s premier opportunity for intergenerational debates: The St. Gallen Symposium.
- Join the debate with 600 top global leaders and decision makers
- Share your thoughts, ideas and visions with the global elite
- Expenses for travel, board and lodging covered, travel service provided
- Meet 200 of the world’s brightest young minds
- Small and intimate gatherings with world leaders, exclusively for the Leaders of Tomorrow
- CHF 20,000.– prize money shared by the three winners
- Broad media coverage
- Become member of a truly unique and strong global community
Qualify with an excellent essay.
Your essay must answer the following question:
What are alternatives to economic growth? Leaders of Tomorrow have expressed scepticism towards economic growth as it stands today. We challenge you to develop your alternative guidelines to the concept of growth. Present your own idea to convince the jury. We expect a professional, creative and thought-provoking essay. Be bold and unconventional!
more details click here: http://www.symposium.org
Since its inception, the trust has promoted education mainly by way of scholarships and grants to deserving and needy students. Some of these were instituted way back in the mid 1950s while others were founded more recently, a proof of its continuous efforts to bring about social and economic development through a literate, enlightened and empowered populace.
To encourage and motivate students, K. C. Mahindra Education Trust has set up the following scholarships:
Since 1956, K. C. Mahindra Education Trust has granted interest-free loan scholarships to deserving students to pursue post-graduate studies abroad in various fields.
Every year, we offer 50 scholarships, as given below:
1) A maximum of Rs.8 lakh per scholar, awarded to the top 3 K.C. Mahindra fellows
2) A maximum of Rs.2 lakh per scholar, awarded to remaining successful applicants
1) The form needs to be printed on legal / full scape size paper.
2) The last date to submit the form is 31.03.2016
3) The completed form needs to be sent to the following address:
K.C. Mahindra Education Trust
Cecil Court, 3rd Floor, Near Regal Cinema, Mahakavi Bhushan Marg,
Colaba, Mumbai – 400 001
For more details : http://www.kcmet.org/what-we-do-Scholarship-Grants.aspx
Rotary and the UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education have teamed up to tackle the world’s water and sanitation crisis by increasing the number of trained professionals to devise, plan, and implement solutions in developing and emerging countries. Through this partnership, The Rotary Foundation will provide grants to Rotary clubs and districts to select and sponsor a limited number of students each year.
The Rotary Scholarships for Water and Sanitation Professionals have been designed to promote long-term productive relationships between Rotarians and highly skilled water and sanitation professionals in their communities. Rotary scholars will benefit from the support they receive through regular contact with sponsoring Rotarians from their home country and the opportunity to interact with Rotarians in the Netherlands. After graduating, scholars’ expertise will be put to work improving water and sanitation conditions in their own community with a project the scholar and sponsoring Rotarians will design and implement together.
In addition, Rotary Foundation alumni are part of an extensive network of fellow Rotary scholarship recipients and Rotarians worldwide. Becoming involved with a local Rotary club and the alumni association allows scholars to stay connected to Rotary’s global community and resources.
Scholars are selected in a competitive process. Candidates are chosen based on their ability to have a significant, positive impact on global water and sanitation issues during their career. Successful applicants will have a strong academic background, significant and relevant professional experience, and demonstrated leadership in the community.Completed applications must be received by TRF from sponsor Rotarians no later than 15 June of the year in which studies begin. Applications submitted directly to TRF by the student will not be considered.
TRF awards scholarships of approximately €34,000, paid directly to UNESCO-IHE. Funding to cover additional costs (including international travel) related to participation in the academic program will be coordinated by UNESCO-IHE.
Be! Fund is India’s first youth risk capital fund, we invest in young entrepreneurs from low-income communities in India, with sustainable business ideas that solve big problems where young people live. It has to be a young person’s idea. Waste, pollution, transport, energy, water, unemployment – we’ll consider any idea that solves a big problem where a young person age 18-25 lives.
Young people we invest in should be unable to get a bank loan for their idea and their idea has to be their idea + solve a BIG PROBLEM
One month enterprise outreach fellowships
Three month outreach to enterprise building fellowships
Six month enterprise incubation lab [travel][half day, three days/week + Saturdays]
The IITM – Summer Fellowship Programme of two months with stipend is designed to enhance awareness and interest in high quality academic research among young Engineering, Management, Sciences and Humanities students through a goal oriented summer mini-project undertaken at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
Eligibility: Candidates pursuing Third Year of B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc. (Engg)/Integrated M.E./M.Tech. programme, First Year of ME/M.Tech/M.Sc./M.A, MBA with outstanding academic background in terms of high ranks in university examinations are encouraged to apply, highlighting their academic performance and achievement including papers presented at seminars, projects executed, design contests participated, score/rank in Mathematics Olympiad and any other awards/distinctions obtained.
- IIT students are not eligible to apply
Stipend: Rs.5000/- per month will be given as a stipend for a maximum period of 2 months.
Duration: 2- months
Selection: Online application
The Fellowship Programme of Azim Premji Foundation aims to give an educational and social sector experience to a diverse range people from a variety of backgrounds.
This rigorous 2-year programme comprises:
- Year 1 would be distributed between – teaching in government schools, immersion in education to develop/ build their perspective along with participation in the activities of the Foundation’s District Institute (DI) where they are placed, to understand the various roles in the DI.
- Year 2 would be focused upon capacity building of the Fellows based upon the role they could possibly contribute in the DI after the Fellowship.
During this period the focus would be to provide opportunities to the Fellows to build an understanding in the area of education through teaching and capacity building in various roles in the DI. They will be actively mentored and will benefit from hands-on experience of working in the field.
Fellows will be posted to some of the least developed districts of rural India and need to be prepared to live and work in the highly challenging environments that they will encounter there.
You should have 3 to 10 years of work experience, with a post-graduate or a professional degree in any discipline. We welcome people from a variety of backgrounds. What is important is your willingness to explore the social sector and the desre to contribute.
You will be posted in the districts of Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Puducherry, Rajasthan,Telangana
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) invites applications from Indian biomedical scientists for the international fellowships for the year 2016-17.
Number of fellowships: Young scientists-12; Senior scientists-6
Duration: 3-6 months for young scientists and 10-15 days for senior scientists
· M.D/PhD degree with at least three years teaching/research experience for young scientists and at least fifteen years for senior scientists
· Regular position in a recognized biomedical/research/health institution in India
· Below 45 years of age for young and 57 years for senior scientists
· US$ 3000 per month, contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/- and return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare) for young scientists
· US$ 200 per day (including US$ 75 as per diem and US$ 125 is for accommodation), contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/- and return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare) for senior scientists
For more information please visit the Link