About the Fellowship
Global Health Corps is a community of leaders united by the belief that health is a human right. Our fellows are highly effective and empathetic systems thinkers with diverse backgrounds, expertise and stories.
During a yearlong paid fellowship, GHC fellows work in a range of critical roles within partner organizations on the front lines of health equity in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the US, and Zambia, developing as leaders and making an impact every day.
Looking for high potential young leaders with:
- A Deep Commitment To Social Justice
- Diverse Skillsets And Backgrounds
- The Creativity To Collaborate And Problem Solve
- The Excellence To Deliver Results And The Power To Use Your Voice To Shape The Future Of Global Health
- Fellows Work In Yearlong Paid Placements With Partner Organizations Working To Address Health Inequity Across A Range Of Issue Areas. .
- Through A Comprehensive Leadership And Management Training Curriculum, We Bring Fellows Together Five Times A Year To Foster Systems-Thinking, Strong Management, And Key Leadership Practices.
- Details Vary Depending On Fellowship Placement And Location, But Fellows Receive The Additional Following Support During The Year:
- Monthly Living And Utilities Stipend
- Health Insurance
- Professional Development Grant Of $600 And Completion Award Of $1500
- Travel Coverage To And From Placement Site, All Trainings, And Retreats
- You Are 30 Years Or Younger By June 26, 2016
- You Have An Undergraduate Degree By June 26, 2016
- You Are Proficient In English
- November 4: Part 1 Of The Application Opens — Your Essays On Leadership And Health Equity. Due February 2nd.
- December 9: Part 2 Of The Application Opens .
- February 2: Application Parts I And II Close At 11:59pm EST. Proof Of Identity And Proof Of Education Documents Due
- February 15: Two Recommendations Due (Submitted Through The Online Application Portal)
- February–March: Each Application Is Reviewed By At Least Two Readers
- March–April: All Semi-Finalists Are Interviewed By Global Health Corps
- April: All Applicants Are Notified On A Rolling Basis Of Their Application Status By Email
- April–May: 3 To 5 Finalists Per Position Are Interviewed By Partner Organizations
- May–June: Fellowship Offers Are Extended On A Rolling Basis
- June 1: All Applicants Are Notified On A Rolling Basis Of Their Application Status By Email
Set Yourself Apart:
Through your application, we want to understand your personal background, your professional skills and experiences and how these factors inform your desire to be a GHC fellow.
In selection of GHC fellows, we are not looking for evidence of leadership experience, but rather an alignment with the leadership practices listed below. We have found that transformational leaders in global health, and successful GHC fellows, are committed to the following leadership practices.